info@salutesicilia.com

Beyond folates against high homocysteine: is methyl-failure the real culprit?

Beyond folates against high homocysteine: is methyl-failure the real culprit?

Medicomunicare Magazine | Health and Medical News

The homocysteine ​​network Homocysteine is a non-protein amino acid normally found in plasma at a concentration of around 8-12 microM. The nature of plasma homocysteine ​​is complex: only 1-2% is found as free reduced homocysteine. About 20% occurs as free oxidized forms, mainly the mixed disulfide, cysteinyl-homocysteine, but also as homocystine. The remaining 75-80%, is

Read More